TTS New Webinar Series
The Education Committee of TTS will be organizing six new webinars on the "trends and Challenges in Liver Transplantation". The series, organized by Sukru Emre, will host the first webinar on January 19. See details below.
Date and time: January 19th, 2018 2:00 PM EST (UTC-5 hours)
Topic: Antibody Mediated Rejection in Liver Transplantation Part I - Role of DSA's and Treatment Options
Description: Antibody mediated rejection (AMR) has become one of the hot topics in liver transplantation recently. In this webinar, world known experts in this topic will discuss the immunological, clinical aspects of AMR as well as available treatment options.
Professor Sukru Emre, MD
Professor of Surgery (Transplant) and of Pediatrics, Yale University, USA
Laura J. Wozniak, MD, MS
Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition at UCLA, USA
Udeme D Ekong, MD, MPH
Associate Professor of Pediatrics (Gastroenterology), Yale University, USA
Jacqueline O'Leary, MD, MPH
Medical Director of Research for the Baylor Simmons TransplantInstitute in Dallas, Texas, USA
Transplantation Journal Featured Article
Plasma Exosomes From HLA-Sensitized Kidney Transplant Recipients Contain mRNA Transcripts Which Predict Development of Antibody-Mediated Rejection.
In the news
- Nobel Prize Doctor Yamanaka: Stem Cell Progress 'Just the Beginning
- Shire's Late-Stage CMV Drug Wins FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation
- USA - In a turf battle for organs, a policy review rattles the national transplant system
- Heart-muscle patches made with human cells improve heart attack recovery
- Hepatitis C Virus-Infected Livers May Help Reduce Transplant Times
- Bangladesh - Human organ transplant bill passed, 3yrs jail for illegal trade