2013 - International Conference on Transplantomics and Biomarkers in Organ Transplantation
Plenary 6: Long-Term Graft Acceptance
7.1 - Indicators of tolerance
Presenter: Maria, Hernandez-Fuentes, , United Kingdom
Authors: Maria Hernandez-Fuentes
Most kidney transplant recipients need immunosuppression for life with the associated secondary effects.
Very few patients have managed to maintain good graft function in the absence of immunosuppression.
We have studied biomarkers sets found in peripheral blood of these patients to identify transplantation tolerance.
This talk will tell the story of the discovery and validation of a biomarker set indicative of tolerance in kidney transplant recipients.
You must be logged in to view recordings
By viewing the material on this site you understand and accept that:
- The opinions and statements expressed on this site reflect the views of the author or authors and do not necessarily reflect those of The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections.
- The hosting of material on The Transplantation Society site does not signify endorsement of this material by The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections.
- The material is solely for educational purposes for qualified health care professionals.
- The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections are not liable for any decision made or action taken based on the information contained in the material on this site.
- The information cannot be used as a substitute for professional care.
- The information does not represent a standard of care.
- No physician-patient relationship is being established.