100.1 - Zika Virus
Presenter: Clarisse, Machado, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Authors: Clarisse Machado
Dr. Machado graduated in Medical School at Federal University of São Paulo, (UNIFESP) and got her doctoral degree at University of São Paulo (USP), Brazil. In 1991, after 10 years assisting AIDS patients, Dr. Machado started working in the setting of solid organ and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT). Dr. Machado’s has focused the management and the diagnosis of opportunistic infections in HSCT recipients as the subject of her research career and publications. She worked as infectious disease consultant for the HSCT Division of the Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of São Paulo, from 1992 to 2002. During this period she implemented diagnostic techniques such as CMV antigenemia, respiratory virus detection by DFA and by PCR, galactomannan detection, further extended to other Brazilian HSCT centers, as well as protocols and guidelines for the management and control of infections diseases in this setting. The first revaccination program for HSCT recipients in Brazil was proposed by Dr. Machado to the State Secretary of Health, in São Paulo. The program was implemented in São Paulo in 1992, being further updated by the Ministry of Health and extended to all HSCT centers in Brazil.
Currently, she the coordinator of the Transplant Infectiou Diseases Program of Amaral Carvalho Foundation, currently the greatest center for unrelated and related allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplants in Brazil. Dr. Machado is an ad-hoc peer reviewer for Brazilian and international journals such as Revista do Instituto de Medicina Tropical de São Paulo, The Brazilian Journal of Infectious Diseases, The Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research, Infection, Bone Marrow Transplantation, Diagnostic and Microbiology Infectious Diseases, Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, American Journal of Transplantation, American Journal of Infection Control and Vaccine. She is a member of the Immunocompromised Host Society (ICHS) since 1992, and a council member since 2008.
You must be logged in to view recordings
By viewing the material on this site you understand and accept that:
- The opinions and statements expressed on this site reflect the views of the author or authors and do not necessarily reflect those of The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections.
- The hosting of material on The Transplantation Society site does not signify endorsement of this material by The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections.
- The material is solely for educational purposes for qualified health care professionals.
- The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections are not liable for any decision made or action taken based on the information contained in the material on this site.
- The information cannot be used as a substitute for professional care.
- The information does not represent a standard of care.
- No physician-patient relationship is being established.