2016 - IPTA Fellows Meeting
10.16 - Transitition from Pediatric to Adult Transplant Care
Presenter: Christian, Benden, Zurich, Switzerland
Meeting Report doi: 10.1111/j.1600-6143.2008.02415.x
Adolescent Transition to Adult Care in Solid Organ Transplantation: A consensus conference report
L. E. Bella,∗, S. M. Bartoshb, C. L. Davisc, F. Dobbelsd, A. Al-Uzrie, D. Lotsteinf, J. Reissg, V. R. Dharnidharkah on behalf of the conference
Transition of care from pediatric to adult-oriented health care providers is difficult for children with special health care needs. Children who have received solid organ transplants and their providers experience the same difficulties and frustrations as children with other major illnesses. A consensus conference was organized by several transplant organizations to identify major issues in this area and recommend possible approaches to easing the process of transition for solid organ transplant recipients. This report summarizes the discussions and recommendations.
You must be logged in to view recordings
By viewing the material on this site you understand and accept that:
- The opinions and statements expressed on this site reflect the views of the author or authors and do not necessarily reflect those of The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections.
- The hosting of material on The Transplantation Society site does not signify endorsement of this material by The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections.
- The material is solely for educational purposes for qualified health care professionals.
- The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections are not liable for any decision made or action taken based on the information contained in the material on this site.
- The information cannot be used as a substitute for professional care.
- The information does not represent a standard of care.
- No physician-patient relationship is being established.