DCD - An Option for Countries without Brain Death Practices
63.1 - DCD - An Option for Countries without Brain Death Practices
Presenter: Marti, Manyalich, Barcelona, Spain
Authors: Marti Manyalich
- DCD is an important Source of donors in all countries.
- The outcome of transplantations of kidneys is excellent these days.
- Could be an alternative when brain death is not established, practiced and regulated.
Marti Manyalich MD, PhD, is Assessor on Transplantation, Medical Direction, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona; Associate Professor, Medical School, University of Barcelona and President of the DTI-TPM foundation. He is the author of numerous publications and member in various scientific committees. He has been awarded several awards including the TTS-Genzyme Award for Education and Training in Transplantation by The Transplantation Society (TTS) in 2008. He is now the President Elect for the ISODP.
You must be logged in to view recordings
By viewing the material on this site you understand and accept that:
- The opinions and statements expressed on this site reflect the views of the author or authors and do not necessarily reflect those of The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections.
- The hosting of material on The Transplantation Society site does not signify endorsement of this material by The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections.
- The material is solely for educational purposes for qualified health care professionals.
- The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections are not liable for any decision made or action taken based on the information contained in the material on this site.
- The information cannot be used as a substitute for professional care.
- The information does not represent a standard of care.
- No physician-patient relationship is being established.