ITA Scientific Committee
The Scientific Committee is open to interested members of the ITA and will be comprised of gastroenterology and transplant surgical investigators, basic scientists and other members of the ITA community.
Goals and Objectives
- Identify research priorities within the field of intestinal rehabilitation and transplantation.
- Review proposed research proposals and data requests from ITA members.
- Help improve utilization of the registry component of the ITA through investigator led queries or center QI initiatives.
- Serve to facilitate and promote multicenter collaborative research studies in the field.
- Provide resources to the ISBTS scientific meeting planning process (abstract and content review) and provide review of content for potential ITA endorsement of related pediatric or adult intestine transplant meetings.
- Monthly conference calls to review and assess progress.
- Complete the Pediatric Ancillary data analysis and submit manuscript.
- Impact of DSA and graft monitoring in intestine transplant.
- Prepare a survey to ITA centers to assess current graft monitoring (biopsy and DSA) practice over the past 4 years.
- Based on survey results, work with registry to modify data request for interested centers and collect data.
- Prepare abstract and manuscript.
Scientific Committee Members
|Chair:||George V. Mazariegos, Pittsburgh, PA, USA|
|Co-Chair:||Robert Venick, Los Angeles, CA, USA|
Conrad Cole, Cincinnati, OH, USA