The members of the IXA Vanguard Committee (founded July 30th, 2014) were chosen based on their interests and research contribution to the xenotransplantation field among all participating countries.
- Christopher Burlak, University of Minnesota, USA
IXA Council Advisor
- Bernard J. Hering, USA
- Arielle Cimeno, University of Maryland, USA
- Claire Crossan, Glasgow Caledonian University, Scotland
- Mohamed Ezzelarab, Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Beth French, Univeristy of Maryland, USA
- Wayne Hawthorne, University of Sydney, Australia
- Grace Nauman, Columbia University / Sykes Laboratory, USA
- Bynvant Sandhu, Imperial College London, UK
The Vanguard committee was established to foster the scientific development of new and junior members of the IXA. Our goal is to provide an opportunity for all society members to share ideas, collaborate, and educate one another on the key scientific and regulatory issues critical to the translation of xenotransplantation to the clinic.