2018 Women in Transplantation Awards
The Women in Transplantation Steering Committee have created the Woman Leader in Transplantation Award to recognize a woman who has helped further the field of transplantation through research, policies, leadership, initiatives or other regarded contributions. The Unsung Hero Award will be presented to one woman who has had an extraordinary impact in transplantation through community service, volunteering, mentorship or other community based activity.
- Be a member of TTS or Women in Transplantation. If an applicant is not a member of The Transplantation Society, a membership application must be completed on the website www.tts.org/join-tts and accepted in order for the ward application to be reviewed and considered. The membership application must be submitted and accepted prior to applying for the award.
- Complete the nomination package, with the items listed below.
- Nomination packages, including all supporting documents, must be received by JANUARY 31, 2018.
NOMINATION PACKAGE MUST INCLUDE:
- Nomination forms: Click links below to download:
Woman Leader in Transplantation Award Application Form
Unsung Hero Award Aplication Form
- Statement of Nomination to include answers to the following:
1) What are the nominees’ unique and outstanding achievements in the field of transplantation?
2) How has the nominee contributed as a mentor or role model for other women in the field?
3) How has the nominee contributed to the advancement of women in the field or as leaders in transplantation?
- Letters of support:
Provide at least one (1) and up to a maximum of three (3) letters of support which further demonstrate the impact
the nominee has made as outlined in the statement of nomination.
1) Letters should not exceed one page in length.
2) Letters of support must be signed by the letter writer.
- Photograph: Submit a recent photograph, preferably a headshot.
- Resume: Attach a resume, which outlines the nominees’ background, career and present work including organizational
- involvement, volunteer activities, education, awards, recognition and other achievements OR provide a link to an online profile.
- US$ 2,000.00 cash prize
- Complimentary Congress registration to TTS 2018 in Madrid
- Recognition during the TTS 2018 Presidential Address