TTS-TID Travel Award
The TTS-TID Travel Award is designed to help offset the expense to attend the meeting. Therefore, you must attend the meeting in order to receive the award. If you are selected for a travel award, but do not attend the meeting, you will forfeit the monies of the award.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 23, 2017
To be eligible for a travel award, an individual must:
- Answer the following questions:
- Why would you like to attend the Transplant Infectious Disease conference (500 word maximum)?
- How would you benefit from taking part in this conference (500 word maximum)?
- What is the name of your most recent publication (if applicable)? Also, please provide a complete list of your publications.
- Be a trainee or from a TTS defined emerging economic country (See list here). Trainees must be within two (2) years completion of their training and/or fellowship. The grant will be awarded to a trainee who demonstrates scientific merit and future potential for academic research and mentorship of trainees in the field of transplant infectious disease. The applicant will be judged solely on merit.
Process for awarding the award
- Awardees will be selected from the pool of eligible applicants based upon their responses to the application questions, as determined by the Council of Transplant Infectious Disease.
- Every effort should be made by the Council to award at least one travel grant to an applicant from each of the six TTS geographic locations. The geographic regions are North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Middle East & Africa and Oceania.
How to apply
To apply for the TTS Travel Award, you will need to create a user login (link below). Once you completed your profile information, you will see on the dashboard the icon for TTS Travel Award. Click on the text and complete the 3 questions application. Applications will be reviewed after the June 23, 2017 deadline and notification will be sent on July 7, 2017.