International Implementation of VCA and Regulatory Oversight
77.1 - International Implementation of VCA and Regulatory Oversight
Presenter: Linda C., Cendales, Durham, NC, USA
Authors: Linda C. Cendales
Vascularized composite allotransplantation (VCA) refers to the transplantation of peripheral tissues as a functional unit. Currently, over 80 patients have received a VCA worldwide. Like other transplantation, VCA needs to be performed at centers capable of appropriately responding to the contingencies related to surgical and medical complications well described in other organs. Similarly, a required component for the success of VCA is the participation of the Organ Procurement Organization community. In this webinar we will focus on the up to date implementation of VCA.
You must be logged in to view recordings
By viewing the material on this site you understand and accept that:
- The opinions and statements expressed on this site reflect the views of the author or authors and do not necessarily reflect those of The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections.
- The hosting of material on The Transplantation Society site does not signify endorsement of this material by The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections.
- The material is solely for educational purposes for qualified health care professionals.
- The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections are not liable for any decision made or action taken based on the information contained in the material on this site.
- The information cannot be used as a substitute for professional care.
- The information does not represent a standard of care.
- No physician-patient relationship is being established.