Donor Derived Infections
94.1 - Donor Derived Infections: Current Challenges, Future Directions
Presenter: Emily, Blumberg, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Authors: Emily Blumberg
Dr. Blumberg is a Professor of Medicine in the Division of Infectious Diseases at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, where she is the Director of Transplant Infectious Diseases and the Infectious Diseases Fellowship Program Director. She is a former chair of the UNOS ad hoc Disease Transmission Advisory Committee and has been extensively involved in the development of guidelines for the prevention of donor derived infections to solid organ transplant recipients, participating in several consensus conferences regarding strategies for prevention of disease transmission. Additional research interests include viral infections in transplant recipients, especially HIV, Hepatitis C, and CMV. She is an Associate Editor for the American Journal of Transplantation and Transplant Infectious Diseases.
You must be logged in to view recordings
By viewing the material on this site you understand and accept that:
- The opinions and statements expressed on this site reflect the views of the author or authors and do not necessarily reflect those of The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections.
- The hosting of material on The Transplantation Society site does not signify endorsement of this material by The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections.
- The material is solely for educational purposes for qualified health care professionals.
- The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections are not liable for any decision made or action taken based on the information contained in the material on this site.
- The information cannot be used as a substitute for professional care.
- The information does not represent a standard of care.
- No physician-patient relationship is being established.