International Xenotransplantation Association Update
It is our great pleasure to announce the 12th Congress of the International Xenotransplantation Association (IXA), which will be held jointly with the iABO/Hyper Immune Symposium in Osaka, Japan, November 10–13, 2013. The venue for the meeting will be the Osaka International Convention Center (GCO: Grand Cube Osaka) located in the center of Osaka. As a major cultural center, Osaka is the capital of the Kansai region, the western province of Japan. Located within an hour of Kyoto & Nara, it is home to the Osaka Castle, a major point of interest for tourists to Japan.
Designed with the help of 17 experts from 9 countries, the program of our joint meeting has been developed to promote a truly interdisciplinary exchange of scientific progress and concepts among investigators active in two different, but increasingly related and overlapping, fields. The program will thus provide an excellent forum for both clinical investigators and basic scientists with expertise in ABO-incompatible transplantation and xenotransplantation to meet and discuss innovative strategies for overcoming antibody-mediated rejection, organ shortage, and other obstacles.
Our plenary sessions will highlight:
- How can we overcome immune responses associated with presensitization?;
- Pre-clinical life-supporting xenotransplantation;
- Islet xenotransplantation: Are we ready for clinical islet xenotransplantation?
We will also hold two special keynote sessions in this joint congress:
- Dr. Shizuo Akira and Dr. Shimon Sakaguchi are invited for the IXA 2013 Keynote Lectures on Toll-Like Receptors and Regulatory T-cells in Transplantation;
- Dr. Keiichi Fukuda and Dr. Hiromitsu Nakauchi will be presenting their strategies of Xenotransplantation vs. Regenerative Technology and Medicine.
In these special sessions, we will learn innovative immunologic/regenerative approaches, which combined with xenotransplantation, will potentially lead us to the next strategies to overcome organ shortages.
To register for the meeting, please visit www.ixa2013.org and use the online system before September 20th to qualify for the early bird registration rate. We look forward to warmly welcoming you to Osaka and wish you a fruitful scientific Congress and a pleasant stay.