Dedicated to promoting the advancement of the science and practice of transplantation in children worldwide.
The International Pediatric Transplant Association (IPTA) is a professional organization of individuals in the field of pediatric transplantation. The purpose of the Association is to advance the science and practice of pediatric transplantation worldwide in order to improve the health of all children who require such treatment. IPTA is dedicated to promoting technical and scientific advances in pediatric transplantation and to advocating for the rights of all children who need transplantation.
- Subscription to Pediatric Transplantation, available online only - Members receive a one-year online subscription to the official Association journal, Pediatric Transplantation, at an 80% discount from the retail subscription rate. The journal is published 8 times per year. The aim of Pediatric Transplantation is to publish original articles of the highest quality on clinical experience and basic research in transplantation of tissues and solid organs in infants, children and adolescents. The journal seeks to disseminate the latest information widely to all individuals involved in kidney, liver, heart, lung, intestine and stem cell (bone-marrow) transplantation. In addition, the journal publishes focused reviews on topics relevant to Pediatric Transplantation as well as timely editorial comment on controversial issues.
- Biennial Conference - Members of IPTA receive significantly reduced registration fees for the biennial Congress. The IPTA Congress covers major themes, highlighting the most recent advances in clinical and basic sciences related to pediatric transplantation that certainly will influence with the current and future practice.
- Discounted 2 year dues renewal – IPTA members can renew their dues for two years and receive a 10% discount on membership.
- Membership discount for individuals from countries with Emerging Economies – IPTA provides transplant professionals from countries with emerging economies the opportunity to join the association at a reduced rate. For a list of countries eligible to receive this discount click here.
- Travel Grants - Travel grants are awarded to attend IPTA’s biennial meeting to allied health professionals and trainees/fellows who are involved in a program in which an IPTA member is associated.
- Discussion list for all pediatric transplant professionals - Members have the opportunity to participate in a forum that encourages communication with colleagues and exchange of information in an online format. In addition to the general IPTA listserv, one is also available specifically for the allied health professional portion of the IPTA membership.
- Membership Directory – Complete list of all IPTA members with email address
- Access to slide presentations from IPTA meetings – Access slides from recent IPTA meetings including pediatric symposia from ATC and Post Graduate Course presentations
- Online Dues Renewal
- Access to the Member's Only section
**Emerging Economy Membership – IPTA provides transplant professionals from countries with emerging economies the opportunity to join the association at a significantly reduced rate. For a list of countries eligible to receive this discount click here.
Regular Membership - Physicians, surgeons, and scientists engaged in the treatment of pediatric transplant patients or in research activities related to organ transplantation are eligible for regular membership.
Trainee Membership - Any individual actively engaged in training at an accredited training program in any field related to the science or practice of transplantation shall be eligible for membership. Trainee status shall be verified by including the program directors signature on the membership application.
Allied Health Professional Membership - Individuals such as Hospital Administrators, Transplant Administrators, Research Assistants, Transplant Nurses, Non-Doctoral Pharmacists, Social Workers, Clinical Coordinators, Organ Procurement Personnel, Physicians Assistants, and Research Assistants working in laboratories are eligible for this category of membership.
Emeritus Members - An active member shall become an Emeritus member automatically at the conclusion of the calendar year following the year in which the member has his/her 70th birthday. Members must submit a written letter (e-mail accepted) requesting this membership status. Emeritus membership does not include a print subscription to Pediatric Transplantation. The cost for the print subscription is $100.00.