About Allied Health Professional
As a member of ITA, you have access to international multidisciplinary experts in intestine transplantation. The networking opportunities within ITA are invaluable in discussing specific intestine transplant-related issues with others who have similar experiences and expertise. The biennial symposium is unlike any other transplant educational event, focusing specifically on all dimensions of intestinal transplant, as well as therapies and treatment for intestinal failure. Becoming a member of ITA will enhance your practice by becoming part of an international transplant team to exchange knowledge, improve your clinical practice, develop and participate in educational opportunitiesand to engage in research.
— Beverly Kosmach-Park, DNP Clinical Nurse Specialist, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, USA
Allied Health Professionals is comprised of various members of the transplant multidisciplinary team including nurses, dietitians, psychologists, administrators, social workers, physical therapists, pharmacists, and many others, who have a specific interest in intestinal failure and transplantation. They contribute to the advancement of knowledge in these areas through clinical practice, educational endeavors and research.
The AHP membership was defined and added to the ITA membership categories in 2013. Allied Health members of ITA have representation on the ITA Board of Directors through one standing representative on the Ad Hoc Committee. AHP members have nomination and voting privileges and can participate on committees within the organization.
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS FOR AHP MEMBERS:
- Nomination and voting privileges
- Reduced annual membership fee of $50 US
- Advanced information on pre-symposium workshops and networking events at the International Small Bowel Transplant Symposiums
- Access to the AHP contact list and other membership directories through the ITA website
- Access to multimedia ISBTS recorded lectures
CURRENT AHP INITIATIVES:
- The ITA/AHP Outstanding Achievement Award to be awarded biennially at ITA symposia
- A targeted webinar for Allied Health Professionals
- Discussion forum with colleagues around the world
- Production of joint international resources and best practice guidelines
- Development of Allied Health Professionals special interest groups (SIGs)
HOW TO BECOME AN AHP MEMBER OF THE ITA:
- Complete the online application form on the website or the PDF paper form
- Your application will be reviewed by the ITA Council
- After your application has been approved, you will receive an ITA member login.
- ITA will send you an invoice for your membership dues, which can be paid online.
If you would like more information about ITA membership as an Allied Health Professional, please contact:
Membership Services Coordinator for the ITA
The Transplantation Society
Tel: +1-514-874-1717 ext. 215