In Memoriam - Joseph E. Murray - 1919-2012
TTS regretfully announces the passing of Medwar Prize Recipient and Nobel Laureate Joseph Murray.
Dr. Murray passed away on November 26, 2012 at Brigham and Women's Hospital, the very hospital where he had performed the first organ transplant operation.
- Watch his 2002 Medwar Acceptance Speech [Link]
- Read more about the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 1990 [Link]
Other links of interest:
- Read about Dr. Murray on Wikipedia [Link]
- Remembering Dr. Joseph Murray, a surgeon who changed the world of medicine - Harvard Health Publications [Link]
- The Telegraph - Joseph Murray, who has died aged 93, carried out the world's first successful organ transplant, revolutionising the treatment of acute illness.[Link]