We are Exhibiting this week at ATW!
Come and visit our booth
Asian Transplantation Week (ATW) 2017 is taking place from October 18 (Wed) to 22 (Sun), 2017 at the Grand Hyatt Incheon, Incheon, Korea. This meeting is endorsed by The Transplantation Society and the Asian Transplantation Society.
TTS-ISODP WEBINAR WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2017
CHALLENGES OF ABDOMINAL ORGAN RETRIEVAL
CHALLENGES OF ABDOMINAL ORGAN RETRIEVAL WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2017 - 10AM MONTREAL TIME / 3PM LEIDEN / 3PM FRANKFURT
|Speaker: Andrzej Grzegorz Baranski, MD. PhD, FEBS
Senior Consultant in Transplant Surgery Abdominal Organ Procurement, General and Gastrointerstinal Surgery, Fellow of European Board of Surgery in the field of Multi-organ Retrieval, Kidney, Pancreas and Liver transplantation, Member of Education Committee of ESOT, Chairman of the ESOT - EDSM&BCSL Courses Department of Surgery Leiden University Medical Centre
Leiden, The Netherlands
|Moderator: Prof. Dr. med. Günter Kirste, MD
Professor of surgery at the Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg
retired Director of the German Procurement Organisation DSO
The webinar will cover the following topics:
Thursday, October 19, at 2 p.m. ET
Report dissemination webinar on improving organ donor intervention research
On Thursday, October 19, at 2 p.m. ET, the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine will host a report dissemination webinar to discuss the key messages of its new report Opportunities for Organ Donor Intervention Research: Saving Lives by Improving the Quality and Quantity of Organs for Transplantation.
The webinar will feature members of the authoring committee speaking about the report's recommendations for conducting organ donor intervention research in a way that maintains high ethical standards, ensures dignity and respect for deceased organ donors and their families, provides transparency and information for transplant candidates who might receive a research organ, and supports and sustains the public's trust in the process of organ donation and transplantation.
Updates and In the news
- Feature Transplantation article
Locoregional Therapy With Curative Intent Versus Primary Liver Transplant for Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- UMBC and Johns Hopkins lead effort to extend viability of organs and body parts for transplant
- Team creates functional, stem-cell-derived small bowel segments
- Scientists Have Successfully Reversed Advanced Heart Failure in Mice
- High-dose influenza vaccine better for solid organ transplant recipients
- Direct-Acting Antivirals: The Gold Standard for HCV Recurrence Following Transplantation?
- 'Stumped' Documents Journey of Amputee & Transplantee Filmmaker
- Recurrent UTIs Worsen Kidney Transplant Outcomes
- Predicting tacrolimus concentrations in children receiving a heart transplant using a population pharmacokinetic model