The Transplantation Society (TTS) respects the privacy of visitors to its website. TTS strongly believes that our visitors must be assured that information provided online is used responsibly and appropriately. To protect online privacy, the TTS has implemented the following policy.
NOTE: THIS POLICY APPLIES ONLY TO ONLINE COLLECTION OF INFORMATION.
- Information We Collect and How We Use It
- TTS collects two types of information about you when you visit our website: personal information (including, by way of example only, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, demographic information and credit card information) and non-personal, aggregate information (such as information regarding the pages on our site that you have visited and your IP address).
- Personally Identifiable Information:
- TTS does not collect personally identifiable information about you unless you choose to provide it. Personal information is collected through congress registration, abstract submission and inquiry processes and through other services or procedures that the TTS may implement from time to time. You are not required to submit any personally identifiable information in order to access information in the public areas of our website.
- TTS uses Google Analytics to collect data. We need this data to understand how you use our website so we can improve its design and functionality. We also need the data to get the most out of our marketing campaigns. With your consent, Google Analytics will process and collect your personal data (cookies and IP address) to give us valuable information. Google Analytics will transfer your data to the United States and store it for 6 months. To learn more about Google's data transfer policies, click here. You have certain rights over your data: for example, you can require us to delete them or to provide you with a copy. We take responsibility for the processing of your data. We are available to answer any question and handle any request from you. Read further to learn more about your rights. You may contact us by visiting this page.
- To gain access to conference registration and other personalized features on the TTS website, users are asked to register and provide limited personal information. This information is submitted voluntarily. If you do not wish for us to have your personal information, please do not provide it.
TTS uses information voluntarily submitted by visitors in the following ways:
- TTS Services and Products.
- Generally, TTS uses data collected to improve its own web content; to identify popular areas of the website; to respond to visitor and member needs, interests and preferences and to develop new products and services.
- Disclosures to Third Parties.
- On occasion, the TTS sells conference registrant’s names and addresses in hard copy, label format for one-time use only to approved requesters. The personal information that we may provide to third parties may include names and addresses provided by the members, but will not include phone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses or demographic information. Users may request that TTS refrain from disclosing their information to third parties through an opt-out box that will appear on each form on which a user provides information. Alternatively, users may contact the TTS at or +1-514-874-1717 to express their preferences if they determine at any time that they do not wish to have the information shared.
- Credit Card Information:
- TTS does not disclose credit card information provided by its members and customers except to third parties that assist with processing credit card purchases. When and customers choose to pay by using their credit cards, TTS submits the information needed to obtain payment to the appropriate clearinghouse.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
- TTS collects non-personally identifiable, aggregate information from visitors to our website. This non-personally identifiable information includes but is not limited to the number of hits per page, cookies, referrers, IP address, or other ‘environmental’ variables. The TTS does not link non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information. Aggregate data are only used for internal and marketing purposes and do not provide any personally identifiable information.
- Notification of Changes:
- Choices Available to the User:
- TTS provides the following choices regarding the use of your information:
- You may choose not to provide us with any personal information.
- You may set your browser to not accept cookies, or to warn you when a cookie is being placed on your computer. If you choose not to accept cookies, however, your ability to navigate this web site may be hindered.
- If you would like to unsubscribe to any of our services or would like us to remove you from lists that may be provided to third parties, please send an e-mail to . Please include your name and e-mail address in the body of the message.
- You may access the personal information we have collected about you and correct any inaccuracies by sending an email to
- You understand and agree that “perfect” security does not exist anywhere, including on the Internet. When you send your credit card information to us over our website, we encrypt this information between your computer and our server. Other information you send to this site, including email messages, will not be encrypted unless we advise you otherwise. The TTS website is protected by a firewall and monitored for security.
- Third Party Links:
- This web site may contain links to other sites. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OR PRACTICES OF ANY OTHER SITES.
- We encourage our users to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that they visit. This privacy statement applies solely to the TTS website.
- Legal Disclaimer:
- The TTS website is designed to provide users with educational activities, scientific and meeting information, current societal news, public policy information and other needs for transplant professionals. This information is not the same as retaining experts in these fields for advice. Nothing contained in this website is to be considered as the rendering of legal, medical, professional or other advice for specific cases, and users are responsible for obtaining such advice from their own physicians. The information contained on this site is intended for educational, background and informational purposes only.