Organ Donation in South Africa
30.1 - Organ Donation in South Africa - What do our Medical Students Know?
Presenter: Sanju, Sobnach, Port Shepstone, Republic of South Africa
Authors: Sanju Sobnach
This webinar will provide a unique perspective of the knowledge and the attitudes/beliefs of medical students regarding organ transplantation in a developing country facing significant challenges (Donor Shortage, Public Health Care system burdened by HIV/AIDS pandemic). It will also briefly present an undergraduate training program established at the University of Cape Town, in light of the author’s research.
You must be logged in to view recordings
By viewing the material on this site you understand and accept that:
- The opinions and statements expressed on this site reflect the views of the author or authors and do not necessarily reflect those of The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections.
- The hosting of material on The Transplantation Society site does not signify endorsement of this material by The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections.
- The material is solely for educational purposes for qualified health care professionals.
- The Transplantation Society and/or its Sections are not liable for any decision made or action taken based on the information contained in the material on this site.
- The information cannot be used as a substitute for professional care.
- The information does not represent a standard of care.
- No physician-patient relationship is being established.