About the International Xenotransplantation Association
The International Xenotransplantation Association aims to serve its scientific community in providing a forum for the open exchange of knowledge and expertise in order to promote xenotransplantation as a safe, ethical and effective therapeutic modality.
Aims of the Association:
- To foster the science of xenotransplantation through promotion of ethical clinical and pre-clinical research, productive discourse and collaboration;
- To educate health care providers and lay persons through broad, representative participation in interactive public debate;
- To guide the development of scientifically sound, internationally consistent public policy that is responsive to new developments in the field and acknowledges varying social, ethical and legal framework
Every two years, the IXA World Congress brings together clinicians, scientists, researchers, health professionals and students from all parts of the world in the field of Xenotransplantation. Through plenary lectures, oral presentations and rapid-fire sessions, the very latest advances in the field are introduced and discussed while developing collaborative connections.
The next Congress will be hosted in October 2023 in San Diego, California and is expected to attract over 450 delegates from 30 different countries, including 110 invited speakers and spanning four days. The Congress will be held in partnership with the International Pancreas and Islet Transplant Association and Cell Transplant and Regenerative Medicine Society.
We will be accepting bids from Europe and Asia, but if there are no suitable candidates we will consider Bids from other regions.
As the 2025 Congress will not be a joint endeavour, we anticipate about 250 delegates to attend in person.
YOUR LETTER OF INTENT SHOULD INCLUDE A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Designation and Description of the proposed Local Organizing Committee (LOC)
- Description of the proposed host city
- Proposed dates
- Proposed venue possibilities
- Travel information
- Proposed hotel accommodations
BIDDING PROCEDURE AND DEADLINES
|Deadline for Letter of Intent
Letters of Intent should be sent to the attention of the IXA Section Manager, Suzanne Landis, at Suzanne.Landis@tts.org
|Monday, January 16, 2023
|You will be notified by January 30 should your LOC be shortlisted to provide a full bid for 2025.
||Monday, January 30, 2023
|Deadline to submit your complete proposal.
Proposals should be sent to the attention of the IXA Section Manager, Suzanne Landis, at Suzanne.Landis@tts.org
The IXA Council may request additional information and/or documentation in support of host city’s proposal. Please ensure that the budget template provided is completed and included in your bid.
|Friday, April 21, 2023
|Presentations in person or by Zoom to the IXA Council of the complete proposal.
||Early May (TBD)
|Final selection of the bid to host 2025 Congress of the IXA.
The IXA Council will review and determine the winning city.
||End of May, 2023 (TBD)